[Event postponed, more information coming soon !]
As part of its drive to preserve Brittany’s living heritage and expertise, the conurbation is looking at ways of passing on and promoting choral singing. She joins the Kanomp Breizh association, organisers of the « Breizh a gan », and is inviting choirs from across the conurbation to come and reflect on these issues on Saturday 4 November 2023 at Ti ar Vro Gwened (4 rue de la Loi, Vannes).
Organised by Golfe du Morbihan – Vannes agglomération, in partnership with the Fédération Kanomp Breizh and Ti Ar Vro Gwened, this day aims to to bring together choirs from the region, whether or not they already sing in Breton, around common objectives: creating links, sharing experiences, create a lasting interest in this practice, discover the Breton vocal heritage and work together to devise collaborative projects.
Join us for a day of sharing and exchanging ideas about choral singing!
Programme for the day
Morning (10am/12.30pm): Discussions and workshops
- 10am/10.30pm: Welcome and coffee
- 10:30/10:45: Welcome and presentation of the day’s objectives by Golfe du Morbihan – Vannes Agglomération and the members of the Fédération Kanomp Breizh
- 10.45am/11.15am: Introduction of participants
- Each choir is given the opportunity to briefly introduce itself: where it is based, its history, its current repertoire and the main challenges it faces on a daily basis.
- 11.15/12.30: Themed workshops (15/20min. per workshop)
- Workshop 1: Recruiting choristers and conductors
- Workshop 2: How can we attract young people?
- Workshop 3: Repertoire and artistic direction
- Workshop 4: Funding and economic viability of choirs
Lunch break (12.30/13.30): Lunch offered to participants
Registration required! You have until Monday 30 October to book your meal.
Afternoon (1.30 pm - 4.30 pm): Feedback from the workshops, presentation of the Kanomp Breizh Federation and discussions on joint projects.
1.30 pm / 2.30 pm: Feedback from the workshops
- 2.30 pm / 3 pm: Presentation of the Kanomp Breizh Federation
- The Federation’s missions and objectives
- Resources (online library, training courses, promotion of member choirs, events, publications, etc.)
- Events organised by the Federation (Breizh a Gan and the Brittany Choir Championships)
- 3.00 pm – 4.30 pm: Project to develop a collaborative event with choirs from the Vannes conurbation
- Open discussion on opportunities for collaboration
- Proposals for concerts or joint events to promote choral singing in Breton
- Working together to bring choirs together on a long-term basis
- All ideas are welcome!